Ending sexual violence, and making this world a better place for those who have survived sexual violence, is a collective effort. In using these training resources you are demonstrating your commitment to these goals. Thank you!
This is a flexible, go at your own pace program. These resources are designed to help you learn more about sexual violence and how to support someone who has survived it. It is for service providers, friends, family members, neighbours, teachers, first responders, counselors, and anyone who is acting as a support person.
There are 6 modules in this course. Within each module there are a number of topics to complete. If you complete all the topics in each module, you will receive a completion certificate, only if you are registered. You can go through all of this material without registering, however you will not get the advances benefit of Course Dashboard or the certificate of completion. If you have not registered and would like to click here. Checkout the Course Tutorial page for details on course features and navigation details.
Table of Contents
Sexual Violence: An Introduction
- Introduction Video
- What is Sexual Violence? Let's Talk about Power
- An Intersectional Approach to Sexual Violence
- What is Rape Culture?
- Victims/Survivors and the Impact of Sexual Violence?
- Who Perpetrates Sexual Violence?
- Why Do So Few People Report Sexual Violence?
- Sexual Assault Law in Canada
- Learn More
- Responding to a Disclosure
- Choices Following Sexual Violence
- Exploring Sexual Consent
- Enhancing the Wellbeing of Support People
- Indigenous Perspectives