Sexual Violence: An Introduction includes the basics about what sexual violence is and who is impacted. It dispells common rape myths and explores how rape culture normalizes sexual violence.
This module covers a number of "Topics" accessed through the list below. If you register for the course, your progress through the topics will be tracked, and if you complete all of the topics in this "module", the module is marked as complete. You can revisit any topic anytime.
- Introduction Video
- What is Sexual Violence? Let's Talk about Power
- An Intersectional Approach to Sexual Violence
- What is Rape Culture?
- Victims/Survivors and the Impact of Sexual Violence?
- Who Perpetrates Sexual Violence?
- Why Do So Few People Report Sexual Violence?
- Sexual Assault Law in Canada
- Learn More